Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12th

I miss my senior year of high school. I miss only having to go to school one day a week for exams, going home, taking a nap, watching football and basketball. I was wondering who will be in the Superbowl! I'm a Green Bay Packers fan so that was great to hear!!

 I'm extremely jealous about the weather. I would give anything to have weather like that. Or at least anything under 100. This week, every day has been above 40 degrees Celsius. Yesterday was about 46. That's hot. At that point, It doesn't really matter what you are doing outside, you just burn and are wiped out. 


With the seasons, I do think it will start to get cooler starting at the end of Feb, beginning of March. but who knows what cooler is. People say that last ´´winter´´ was actually really hot. Some people are saying taht this winter will be the same, and some are saying that it will be really cold. I hope for the latter. 

So my week was good. Things are really looking up for my companion and I.  We are starting to joke around more and that's definitely helping our relationship. 

So on Wednesday we had a Zone meeting, and there was one envelope, like 20 letters and one box on the table. ALL of them were mine! :) 
The box was from grandpa Deshazo, and I absolutely loved it!! :) The tie is sick! and I love the snacks that momo sent. I am spacing them out so I don't eat all of them at once and get sick haha.
 The letters were fun! Most of them were just Christmas cards with family pictures and a little message, But the envelope.... I didn't know what or who sent the envelope, so I waited to open it until I got home. I opened it and immediately started crying. It was the Christmas present from the ward!

I loved all of the pictures, and the merry christmas tree decorations, but most of all, I loved the thought. 

Being here in Brazil has been changing my views on taking your calling above and beyond the minimum. 

I never realized how wonderful our ward was. The thought to make those envelopes and send them to the missionaries was extremely thoughtful. I cannot express how grateful I am to have grown up in Durham Second. You guys really do know what it means to make a ward a family and strengthen everyone. You don't just do your job because its your calling, you actually have a desire to help other people and make others happy. That's what the church Is really about, strengthening other peoples faith and helping others come unto Christ. I really cant describe how thankful I am for the support, but Thank You anyways. I think that The Durham second ward is the closest to Zion that you can get.

So that was on Wednesday haha. Then we worked and worked and worked. After you get a present like that, you really are motiveated to work. I am working so hard. We got 8 investigators to come to church... 8... Thats a lot! We had a baptism yesterday!!! It was an extreme miracle that she was baptized. 5 months ago she was living a depressed life, the right side of her body was paralized, and she was the last person that anyone would think to be baptized. But the missionaries gave her a blessing, and she was doing so much better the next day, but lost contact with the missionaries. We found her again, and started teaching her again :) 

Anyways, We will be working with our other investigators this week.

On Friday, we marked the wedding and baptism dates of one of our families! But that won't happen until feb. 

Until Next week, 
Love Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment