Sunday, September 27, 2015

September 20th

This week was awesome! So Tuesday was my first district meeting. It went pretty smoothly.  After it, one of the assistants came up to me and he said that it was one of the best district meetings that he has had here in Brazil. 

We did this one contact with a woman on the street on Tuesday, went to talk to her on Friday. So we get there, and she told us that she had been looking for a church that most represents Jesus Christ. Well we start talking about the restoration, and I started to get nervous because she started asking questions and ended up telling us that she grew up Jehovah witness, and so we were kind of fighting that for a little bit.
 But she started crying when she was telling us about how hard her life is right now. She is unemployed, and is being kicked out of her house and she doesn't know where to turn. I offered a priesthood blessing, and she said she never let people put hands on her head because she is always scared that someone unworthy will give the blessing and something bad will enter her soul or something bad will happen. So we talked a little bit more, and when we had to leave, I asked if we could pray on our knees. She said yes, and after the prayer, she looks at us and says ´´ I think I want one of those blessings on the head´´ so I gave her the  blessing, and It was such a spiritual experience. When I finished, she was crying, and she said she wanted us to come back so that she could get to know the church.

Well I think Friday, I ran into a tree and hit my head pretty hard. and that was funny to everyone in our house for the next hew days. 

Saturday, my companion and I were chased by swans.... It was the weirdest but scariest experience in a while. I literally didn't know what was happening, because swans are NOT normal birds here. and it just started running at us with its neck stretched at us...

This week was just as great. I hope it stays like this. I just hope everything goes well for that investigator we have. She said that if she doesn't find a house or a job this week, she has to move to Sao Paulo. so keep her in your prayers. Her name is Kelly. 

There is a chance that I could be in the newspaper this next week for English classes for free by Americans. 

Love Elder Moss
  

About the Pictures:
1) picture of piracicaba from my area
2) the river! its actually full now!
3) the assistants to the prez. 
4) something that reminded me of Durham!
5) we taught abunch of kids about english! and they made poster for us. These are some of their teachers
6) a cool bridge





No comments:

Post a Comment